Thursday, January 5, 2012

I could tell you what I'm thinking While we sit here drinking But I'm not sure where to start...

"Come here close and then I’ll bring you under and we’ll burn Yeah I’ll drag you under"


I'd like to share why I'm doing this and what this is all about (or: My Slightly Pretentious, Self-Serving, Incoherent Rant).

I'm interested in music, not playing it mind you, because people would run for cover and/or gauge out their ears if I tried (ask anyone, I am tone deaf with no sense of rhythm). But I do love listening to it and reading about it. I'm practically always listening, and I'm also always looking for something new to enjoy. I no longer have criteria about what that is, to me it's good as long as I like it. I have also long ago given up arguing with people about what is "good" or "bad" music, it's all a matter of taste and I intend to leave it at that. I also enjoy writing, so writing about music that I love and that I actually have something to say about seems like a fun pastime. Thus, after many attempts in the past to keep a blog, 'follow me into oblivion' was born. I am happy with how it's going so far so it will likely stay this way, however who knows how I will feel in the future.

Simply, this blog will feature my reviews (read: opinions) of albums old and new that I love and have something to write about. My hope is that someone reads them and maybe listens to the music I am writing about. And if you find something to love in it, then all the better. However, my only goal is to write and enjoy writing the reviews. They won't be coming to the blog in any sort of order, with any sort of regularity, and it's likely that some of my personality will come through in my writing. There are no doubt thousands of music review blogs about, some better than others, some in a professional setting and some not. I'm not looking for recognition, I'm just looking for an outlet for my love of music. That being said, I'd be lying if I said I don't care if anyone reads them. If I didn't then I could simply write them on my computer and save them for myself. But I'm posting them for the world to see and to share with others what I find so great, so yes it would be nice for me if people read them.

You'll also notice song lyrics throughout my posts. I think good lyrics are awesome, they inspire (for lack of a less cliched term) me and so I want to include them for that reason. I should also say that I have likely stolen various snippets of information about the various artists from elsewhere. And it is likely that I discovered said artist through a particular source. I will try and give credit where credit is due, but if I forget, don't crucify me. I promise my intentions are honourable. Don't I seem trustworthy?

I hope that someone else gets something out of this, but at the very least I know I am. You are welcome to follow me into oblivion and see where it takes you, but I don't blame you if you couldn't care less. I also hope this post was coherent enough, if it wasn't, welcome to my mind.

"Music arouses dormant sentiments of which we had not conceived the possibility, and do not know the meaning; or tells us of things we have not seen and shall not see." - Charles Darwin

Why is this here you ask? I like pretty pictures.
Courtesy of Digital Blasphemy (which I strongly recommend you check out if you want some awesome backgrounds, they have a free section which is updated with new wallpapers fairly regularly).

No comments:

Post a Comment